Presentations Will Assist The Community in Learning About Flood Claims, Elevating Homes, And Post Disaster Resources
The MCC has partnered with the City of Quincy, State Agencies, and other non-profits to bring many needed post-disaster resources to our flood damaged community. This outreach will help residents who sustained damage during our historic winter nor’easters, or residents who want more information on flood insurance and what to do after a flooding disaster.
QUINCY OUTREACH: THURSDAY MAY 10th FROM 6:00pm to 8:00pm
Atherton Hough Elementary School Gym, 1084 Sea St, Quincy, MA 02169
- Presentation on flood issues after a storm: Flood claims, what to do if you have been substantially damaged, how to elevate your building, funding and grant availability, and the flood policy
- Overview on building elevations by Brian Baer, Executive Director of The Elevated Studio
- Update from the community on post-storm actions
- Panel of experts for questions, including Eric Carlson, Assistant Director, Flood Hazard Management Program
- Workshop areas with several stations:
- community resources
- Affected stakeholders which can include realtors, community officials, affected residents and more
Other officials and assistance will be in attendance for help and guidance.