The Massachusetts Coastal Coalition (MCC) has partnered with local resources, State Agencies, and other non-profits to bring information about many needed post-disaster resources to our flood damaged area. This outreach will help stakeholders who sustained damage during our historic winter nor’easters, or others who want more information on flood insurance and what to do after a flooding disaster.
SALEM OUTREACH: MONDAY MAY 14th FROM 6:00pm to 8:00pm
98 Washington St, 1st Floor Large Public Hearing Room, Salem, MA 01970
- Presentation on flood issues after a storm: Flood claims, what to do if you have been substantially damaged, how to elevate your building, funding and grant availability, and the flood policy
- Introduction to the State NFIP Coordinators office by Joy Duperault, Director of DCR’s Flood Hazard Management Program and State NFIP Coordinator
- Overview on building elevations by Brian Baer, Executive Director of The Elevated Studio
- Update from the community on post-storm actions
- Panel of experts for questions
- Workshop areas with several stations:
- community resources
- Affected stakeholders which can include realtors, community officials, affected residents and more
Other officials and assistance will be in attendance for help and guidance.
The MCC has planned multiple outreaches that are very similar for other parts of the state. A complete list of outreaches is at our website at www.knowflood.org
For more information, or for any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Chair and Executive Director