First Meeting of the South Shore CRS Users Group
The MCC would like to invite all community officials involved in or interested in the Community Rating System to join us for the first meeting of the South Shore CRS Users Group.
The goal of the South Shore CRS Users Group is to connect and guide local communities through CRS, share best practices, and work together for better floodplain management.
The Users Group meeting will consist of:
- An introduction to the Users Group
- Best practices and where local communities get their points
- Overview of all CRS activities
- Discussion and networking with local communities
- Planning and discussion of future meetings and interests
Save the date!
Where: Braintree Town Hall Fletcher Room, 1 John F Kennedy Memorial Drive, Braintree, MA 02184
When: March 11th, 10:00am to 12noon (Snow date March 18th, same place and time)
- Joe Rossi, MCC
- Joy Duperault, CFM, State NFIP Coordinator & Deputy Hazard Mitigation Officer
- Eugene Kohls, CFM, ISO/CRS Specialis
Download the event flyer HERE!
Download the agenda HERE!
What is CRS?
According to the CRS User’s Manual, CRS’s purpose is “to support the NFIP. To do this, the CRS provides flood insurance premium rate reductions to policyholders in recognition of the fact that their communities implement activities that exceed the minimum NFIP requirements and that work toward the three goals of the CRS. Included in this support are measures that credit protection to life and property during a flood”.
CRS has several main goals:
- Reduce and avoid flood damage to insurable property.
- Strengthen and support the insurance aspects of the NFIP.
- Foster comprehensive floodplain management.
CRS both reduces flood premiums for those in the community that implements CRS, and also makes a community more resilient against flooding events.